And the person who is rebooting The Flinstones is....

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Re: And the person who is rebooting The Flinstones is....

Post by Dacey » May 28th, 2011, 11:13 pm

Gonna say this much. However you may feel about him, there's no point in denying that MacFarlene is a talented guy, especially as a voice actor. The man voices Stan, Roger and Stewie, among others, and he's pitch perfect as all of them. His work even goes beyond his own shows, from his German fish character in "Hellboy II" to his hilarious Emperer Palpatine on "Robot Chicken."

I'm guessing that they won't go for FG type raunch here--these are characters that are known to my generation as cereal commercial mascots more than anything (sad, but true). I'm sure it will be rude to a certain extent, but probably only on a "Simpsons" level. And, oh, yes, MacFarlene will probably voice Fred Flintstone. ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » June 17th, 2011, 1:51 pm

There is a facebook group agaisnt this.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 18th, 2011, 2:32 pm

Right...like that's going to stop the potential amount of money this will make for Warners and Fox. Personally, I'm hoping this helps to "exchange" properties and get the 1960s Batman TV series out on Blu-ray.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re:

Post by EricJ » June 18th, 2011, 10:07 pm

Ben wrote:Right...like that's going to stop the potential amount of money this will make for Warners and Fox. Personally, I'm hoping this helps to "exchange" properties and get the 1960s Batman TV series out on Blu-ray.
Well, in that case it would take a lot more--
There's still the music rights, the DC ownership, the Greenaway production rights, and all those ABC crossover cameos in season 3. The thing's got ties in a dozen different directions.

If you're saying that we should wink a blind eye to Seth's belch and we might get Batman out of it....trust me, we won't.
So, as long as we won't anyway, let's pile on him. :twisted:

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 18th, 2011, 10:28 pm

Seth has three cartoon shows, a live-action movie, and now this in the works. Hardly seems like he's going to be "stopped" anytime soon. ;)

Although, to be honest, I wouldn't mind if the "Cleveland Show" died, if only to ensure the safety of "American Dad" for now.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » June 20th, 2011, 6:34 am

Hey dacey, where did you hear about seth doing a live-action movie? That one is a bit new to me.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by estefan » June 20th, 2011, 7:53 am

It was announced a while back. From what I gather, it's with Mark Wahlberg starring alongside a profane teddy bear (voiced by McFarlane, naturally) from his childhood.

Think Drop Dead Fred (if anybody even remembers that under-appreciated, little comedy).

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » August 9th, 2011, 5:47 pm

This guy sounds a LOT like Seth MacFarlene. I almost thought this thing was real at first!

http://youtu.be/EYvRDXJEpOk

http://youtu.be/fwiLeQWJFR4

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » April 13th, 2012, 10:01 pm

Not surprisingly, The Flintsontes reboot is currently on hold until Seth can clear up his schedule. After all, he needs to dedicate putting the finishing touches to Ted and still has to run around as producer and voice actor on three other shows. He does hint, though, as his possibly voicing Barney once the project gets up and running.

http://www.vulture.com/2012/04/seth-mac ... ml?mid=rss

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by TitusTodd » April 28th, 2012, 5:36 am

Actually, I believe the latest news more. Pilot rejected. I agree with the opening post. Can't see or want Seth MacFarlene rebooting the Flintstones.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 29th, 2012, 4:50 am

Where is that news?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by laughingoctopus » April 29th, 2012, 11:52 am

On your front page. "Has The Flinstones Gone Extinct?"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » April 29th, 2012, 3:35 pm

With the exception of that ONE Adult Swim that got away, we fans like to brag, "They don't mess with the 'Stones." :D
One time, back when Cartoon Network was treating all of HB as if it was fit for passive-aggressive kitsch ridicule, John K. wanted to do a "New Style" Flintstones animating the old soundtrack to his own style. After a little, um...feedback from the fans, he didn't get to do it.

You can pick on Scooby. You can pick on Scrappy. If you're going to be a jerk about it, you can even pick on Jonny Quest. But NOBODY picks on Fred and Barney. The fans like to keep it that way.
(And that especially goes for every single "edgy" Fox animator who thinks they're the "reincarnation" of the Flintstones because they've got a dumb guy in prime time.)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 29th, 2012, 7:26 pm

D'oh! :oops:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » May 17th, 2012, 10:25 am

Hey Barney, this reminds me of that time when