On the Stream

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

On the Stream

Post by TitusTodd » April 28th, 2012, 7:12 am

Looks like there needs to be a new Forum Topic - On the Stream. We've ditched cable/satellite and have gone to Netflix and HuluPlus. Lots of great animation finds. I particularly liked Aardman's Shaun the Sheep and my kids have enjoyed it as well. If it was broadcast in the US, I don't know on what station.

There's much much more available and content being added all the time on the many outlets available on the internet making a Forum Topic apropos.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: On the Stream

Post by TitusTodd » April 28th, 2012, 7:15 am

Well, I guess there's a place for online content on Off the Shelf. Not much action there regarding online content, however.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 29th, 2012, 4:43 am

Well, that's what it's there for!

BTW, Shaun aired on Disney Junior in the US, I believe, and since most online content is still derived from television or theatrical sources, I think our current labels hold up just fine for speaking about content of various types.

Perhaps you could fuel online talk in Off The Shelf? Welcome to our boards! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 1st, 2012, 6:33 pm

Ben wrote:BTW, Shaun aired on Disney Junior in the US, I believe
Nah, just regular ol' Disney. You're probably thinking of Timmy.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 1st, 2012, 8:06 pm

It was in the pre-school block, though, right? Thay's probably what I'm thinking of... :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by TitusTodd » May 3rd, 2012, 3:56 pm

Timmy is aimed at preschoolers. So, it was probably on Disney Junior. It is also available on Netflix.
since most online content is still derived from television or theatrical sources
Online is heading towards a lot of its own content, though not so much in animation thus far. The latest Amazon Studios news item on the main page is evidence of this trend. When Fox's Terra Nova was canceled there was hope it would be picked up by Netflix. It will be interesting to see if any animated shows come out of Amazon Studios' efforts.