Them Surreal Kids - A Cartoon Music Band

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Them Surreal Kids - A Cartoon Music Band

Post by karo861 » August 13th, 2012, 7:41 am

There's a new cartoon band around. According to TSK's singer, Oliver: "Our style is undefined, meaning that we're open to any style. We can write an old Western-movie tune, later on be seduced by a Radioheaddish distorted anthem, and then get inspired by a catchy, poppy song that we can't get out of our heads..."

Follow Them Surreal Kids at their channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/themsurrealkids

Facebook'em and listen to their songs at:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Them-Surr ... 1367939583
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Them-Surr ... 8091127385
Attachments
post animated views.jpg
post animated views.jpg (189.49 KiB) Viewed 7336 times

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Them Surreal Kids - A Cartoon Music Band

Post by James » August 13th, 2012, 8:08 am

Please don't spam these boards. I've deleted your duplicate threads from 3 other forums.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by karo861 » August 13th, 2012, 8:40 am

Sorry, it wasn't my intention. To be honest, I was aware that this could happen, though, but I doubted because my post fitted in all three categories. Please accept my apologies...

If you think my post is of any interest, would you mind including it into the "At The Movies" Topic, or any other topic you think it would fit into? Sometimes it's a bit confusing when I try to think which one is suitable.

If this is a one-time chance and I'm banned forever, doesn't matter, 'cause it was my fault. Thank you anyway :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by thedral » August 16th, 2012, 7:35 am

Very nice work!
I just wonder, what software have u used?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by karo861 » August 16th, 2012, 2:42 pm

Thanks! I used Sculptris, GIMP, Inkscape and Blender 3D for visuals. MAGIX Music Maker XXL and Audacity for music/audio...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by thedral » August 19th, 2012, 7:57 am

hmm sculptris for main modelling I presume.
I thought u have modelled them with low-poly modelling since I tend to consider sculptris is used for more complex models. I should play arround with that program for a bit :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by karo861 » August 21st, 2012, 8:54 am

Yes, you're right, but I've never felt comfortable with polygonal box-modelling. Blender has a wonderful high-detail sculpting interface, but it doesn't have real-time tesselation (they're developing it, though). Sculptris, on the other hand, adds high polygon detail everytime you "extrude" an arm, a leg or whatever, letting alone the rest of the mesh, which remains less-poly. The drawback is that you have to retopologize the model before trying to animate it, but Blender is good at it, and there's good, non-expensive software like 3D Coat that does this very quickly and accurately... Wow, this IS some boring, technical stuff! You still there? :mrgreen: