Disney's Frozen

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Disney's Frozen (formerly Snow Queen) 2013

Post by EricJ » February 2nd, 2013, 3:32 pm

Fake-busted. Old concept art. :(
(It'll still unhealthily resemble Tangled, but let's wait for a verified source.)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » February 2nd, 2013, 3:50 pm

That kinda makes me relieved a little.

And I also thought it was wierd that Disney was promoting their latest animated feature so damn early. Normally they will hapily promote Pixar a year ahead, but their movies seem to only be allowed 2 months of promotion ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 8th, 2013, 12:36 pm

I'm very disappointed about Disney having no plans for traditional animation. It would have been so perfect for Frozen, as well as other fairy tales. Even after all these years and all the wonderful CGI films that have been released, 2D still has the emotional pull and depth that CGI has yet to reach.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » April 25th, 2013, 1:21 am

Not sure how long this will stay up for, but hopefully some of you get a chance to look at it before it disappears.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ujtv2o69002bd ... 20Look.mp4

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kaszubas » April 30th, 2013, 2:38 pm

Thanks a lot Bill :) nice sneak peek!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » June 17th, 2013, 5:19 pm

New official images from the movie. Good clear images of Olaf, Hans, Anna, Sven and Kristof. They all look like they are actually from the movie.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movi ... y/2389171/

And I though Sven was meant to only have one antler. Did I jsut make up that thought?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » June 18th, 2013, 8:20 am

Teaser is up. At the Weather Channel of all places

http://www.weather.com/weather/holiday/frozen-summer

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 18th, 2013, 2:30 pm

Meh.

Most talkbacks are saying the same thing about "Ice Age", etc, blah, blah, blah... It's just a teaser, natch, but it's not that inspired, recalling Knick-Knack for those old enough (!) and not being as funny.

Interested to see more though... :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » July 3rd, 2013, 12:36 am

Were you underwhlemed by tthe teaser. Are you one of the many who don't really understand the difference between teaser and trailer? If you want some actual footage from the movie then look no further. Here is a segment from a Japanese show that kinda looks like a potential trailer. If you ignore the repeating of some scenes. I have no idea what is being said, but I'm impressed with the visuals and the action looks impressive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh959s_xj90

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 3rd, 2013, 5:46 pm

You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 5th, 2013, 7:13 am

Bill, what a condescending post! Not only did my use of the word teaser in my comments make it clear I knew what a teaser *was*, but I'm shocked that you would ask me if I knew the difference between a teaser and a trailer! :shock:

Yes...I understand the difference. And I remember when teaser trailers were just that: 30-60 second cut downs of the eventual previews that would offer little glimpses and logos of a new movie, to get interest going.

Nowadays, "teasers" are not that, but mini-short films in their own right, usually not featuring any footage from a finished movie. They're made by splinter groups working on the main feature, and designed just to get characters out there with the name of the movie.

As such, I didn't think this "teaser" for Frozen did a great job of getting me excited to see those characters again anytime soon, or basically had anything to do with a movie called Frozen and based on The Snow Queen.

As for actual footage...yes, that's just what that was in the Japanese show clip. Here's the real deal: :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » July 5th, 2013, 7:31 am

Please believe me Ben when I say that my post wasn't directed at you. I hold you in higher esteem than that. It was more directed at other people on the net (mostly not here) who were complaining about the 'trailer' that was released saying that the movie looks terrible and complaining about the lack of Elsa and Anna etc. It was meant to be tongue in cheek as I know nearly everybody here is smart enough to know the difference between a teaser and a trailer. And also know the purpose of a teaser. My apologies for offending you.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » July 5th, 2013, 9:45 am

I didn't think it was aimed at you either, Ben, but looking back at it I could easily see how you would think that.

Now you two -- hug it out.

;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 5th, 2013, 10:06 am

No worries, Bill! I was surprised, as I said, coming from you, as I always enjoy your posts and, yes, reading it back it could be taken either way. I apologise for not reading it right! :)

This new "trailer" is actually more like the old kind of teasers we used to get. Short at around 50 seconds, it just teases us the movie and the basic plot. I'm still looking forward to seeing more, even if this *does* look even more like "the next Tangled" and has essentially been made to mine that demographic (as in it being cancelled and then resurrected as a comedy fairytale for today's audiences in a New Disney way).

:)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » July 5th, 2013, 6:09 pm

Phew, glad it is all cleared up :)

I do agree that I prefer the Japanese version as a better way to introduce the movie to the public. I have a friend who is a big Disney Princess fan and when I posted the US teaser on their Facebook, they gave it a like and said it was cute. When I posted the Japanese version on their page, they had to text me straight away and say how bloody fantastic it looks and they want to see it right now. I have a feeling they don't realise the two clips are promoting the same movie.

I really do blame Scrat for these fake teasers that are now the norm or and also 'boys not liking princesses'. Which got me thinking that perhaps if Disney promoted the Prince line to boys with merchandise perhaps boys would be more inclined to go to a Princess movie as they would want to see the adventure of the male they've got merchandise for. In Australia our department stores are having massive Toy Sales (also known as clearing the warehouse at the end of financial years) and during this time it really does highlight the following fact Disney = Girls, Pixar = Boys when it comes to merchandising. So perhaps if Disney rethinks their branding to be more gender encompassing perhaps they wouldn't need to de-girlify their movies during the lead up to the release of a Princess movie.