DC Universe

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Man of Steel (2013)

Post by ShyViolet » March 22nd, 2013, 4:23 pm

Interesting on Singer doing the First Class sequel...it sounds like we're going to get MORE "Charles my old friend" friends/yet/enemies plotlines...when will it stop? Doesn't Singer know or care that there are TONS of excellent comic book plotlines that he can adapt? What about Jean Grey getting cloned? What about the Legacy virus? Why always go to the same old well? :roll:

I definetely think it's ironic that Singer watched all the episodes of the 90s X-Men cartoon and basically only took advantage of the first two episodes (Night of the Sentinels) that dealt with human/mutant relations...when there were so many others he could have adapted over the course of three films.. Not that there is anything wrong with this plotline but after a while it gets BORING. :(
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » March 22nd, 2013, 6:49 pm

ShyViolet wrote:Doesn't Singer know or care that there are TONS of excellent comic book plotlines that he can adapt? What about Jean Grey getting cloned? What about the Legacy virus?
What about Days of Future Past? Which is now reportedly the X4 subtitle. 8)
definetely think it's ironic that Singer watched all the episodes of the 90s X-Men cartoon and basically only took advantage of the first two episodes (Night of the Sentinels) that dealt with human/mutant relations...when there were so many others he could have adapted over the course of three films..
Singer likely only knows the version of DoFP we got in the 90's cartoon, where Bishop, not Kitty, came back in time, Gambit was framed for Senator Kelly's assassination and even Cable got involved. (None of which characters were around yet when the print story came out.)
But from other casting reports, looks like it's going to be "Old story with new characters", so Fox can mix in promotional supporting tie-ins for all those obscure new 10's current-comic characters, as they did in First Class.
Yes, I'm hoping Marvel will get them back.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 22nd, 2013, 7:02 pm

Oh, I didn't know that about DOFP. That's something, I guess. Haven't seen that episode in AGES, so I don't really remember the plot so good. Hope Singer at least comes up with something different this time.

Also, sorry to repeat this again, but I really, really, really hope that someday Mr. Sinister makes it to the movies, instead of Magneto for the hundred and seventeenth time. :roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 22nd, 2013, 8:04 pm

Oops! Sorry James...I credited Rand with your "believe a fan can cry" line...my bad :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 4th, 2013, 6:13 pm

Possible Lex Luthor appearance?

I actually didn't thnk Spacey was THAT bad in the role...it was that dreadful script and direction that kept him from achieving the role's true potential. Oh well. :roll:

http://m.latinospost.com/articles/15935 ... arance.htm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by TitusTodd » April 4th, 2013, 6:34 pm

I've got to quit agreeing with ShyViolet! Singer is a snooze and I can't understand why he is being kept around for X-men.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 4th, 2013, 7:56 pm

Apparently Singer's Jack and the Beanstalk film was a HUGE loss for Warner Bros:

http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ ... s.html?m=1

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 5th, 2013, 9:49 am

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by TitusTodd » April 5th, 2013, 6:25 pm

Jack the Giant Killer isn't too bad. Good visuals but 3D version is a waste. Story is merely okay.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 6th, 2013, 6:16 pm

A wonderful essay on Superman The Movie by Roger Ebert: ("The Great Movies")

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbc ... /101109987

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 9th, 2013, 9:39 am

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 11th, 2013, 4:56 pm

Possible future films with new villains and characters?

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/04/11/m ... ro-movies/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 12th, 2013, 9:28 am

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 15th, 2013, 9:32 am

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 15th, 2013, 1:40 pm

Very early review, hailed as "a masterpiece", that rivals The Dark Knight.
WARNING: some spoilers. *******

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/conten ... info-spoil