Disney Movie Rewards

Print, Music, Theater, Online, Games and other Merchandise
AV Team
AV Team

Re: Disney Movie Rewards

Post by Dan » January 25th, 2014, 5:33 am

WDCC as in the Walt Disney Classics Collection. They were officially discontinued in November following negative feedback with the way Precious Moments was taking the series. They stepped in after Enesco parted ways at the end of 2012. Precious Moments is still producing for Disney, under the line called Disney Showcase, but WDCC pretty much ended when Enesco left.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 29th, 2014, 9:22 am

Gotcha. I have a few of these and would love to get more...but of the "authentic", proper variety!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 3rd, 2014, 2:45 pm

Enter for 5 points each:

VALENTINE
ROSE
SWEETHEART
CHOCOLATE
AFFECTION

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 4th, 2014, 7:08 am

D'oh! Just went to DMR and entered those after working them out (all easy but the last one!) ;)

Thanks Dan, and good to see you back around!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » March 1st, 2014, 4:15 pm

DMR is an integral part of the newly launched Disney Movies Anywhere app. Virtually any movie that you register on DMR that can be streamed is automatically added to your movie collection on the app. And you don't get just the movies, but also some of the special features, even a few of the digital exclusives. Link with your iTunes account and you might get a surprise addition or two (Iron Man 2 was added to my collection even though it was still technically under Paramount).

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » March 1st, 2014, 8:19 pm

I've been working on a story about Ultraviolet this week so this DMA news is really going to impact that.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » March 1st, 2014, 9:02 pm

This video Disney posted on YouTube does a nice job of briefly summarizing what the app can do.

So far, I think the inclusion of some of the special features is a key plus for the app. Not only are you getting the full movie, but also some of the features you'd love to view on the go like say the full "Paperman" short if you go "Wreck-it Ralph", Diane Disney-Miller's featuerettes to movies like "Lady and the Tramp" and "Peter Pan", or "digital premiere" featuerette of Johnny Depp and Keith Richards hanging out for "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides".

There are some movies that don't have special features attached like "Bolt", "The Nightmare Before Christmas", and "Iron Man 2", but for the ones you do get I think make the app completely worthwhile.

The movies can be streamed or downloaded to your device (likely through iTunes) though I don't believe any of the special features can.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » March 1st, 2014, 9:21 pm

With WDCC being discontinued, it looks like they'll be offering the Disney Traditions by Jim Shore in its place on DMR. Here's what's currently available:

- Mickey Mouse: "Luck of the Mouse" - 1350 pts
- Minnie Mouse: "Wishing on a Shamrock" - 1350 pts
- Tinkerbell: "He Loves Me... He Loves Me Not... HE LOVES ME!" - 1650 pts
- Mickey and Minnie Mouse: "Love Struck and Sweetheart Diva" - 2100 pts

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » March 1st, 2014, 9:22 pm

I haven't looked at all the details yet but a lot of newer iTunes movies are coming with special features packaged in a really nice DVD-style. Don't know if DMA is using that, but if so that's good news. Probably wouldn't work outside iTunes compatible devices though.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » March 1st, 2014, 9:36 pm

Having the app on my iPhone, I can say that DMA is indeed using nearly all of the special features offered through iTunes for the newer flicks. They don't have the DVD-like menu system, but merely scroll down to see the available special features.

It's some of the movies acquired prior to this recent initiative Disney is doing with iTunes having special features that will surely attract a lot of interest. Example: I got the digital copy of WALL-E from my blu ray combo pack some three-four years ago. So my copy of the movie on iTunes is merely the standard edition with no special features. On DMA, I get the hi def copy and a slew of special features including the Presto and BURN-E shorts (though no "Pixar Story" doc).

And as mentioned, movies you registered on DMR that can be streamed through them is also added to your DMA account. Example: the blu ray copy of The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian that I got did not include a digital copy to download to iTunes. Yet since I registered it on DMR years ago, it's available to view on DMA. Just no special features. Even some movies that had digital copies but not to iTunes like Robin Hood and Mickey's Christmas Carol are also added.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » March 1st, 2014, 11:04 pm

I just got an Android tablet. Looks like I'm outta luck, at least for now.

Those Jim Shore pieces are nice. I just blew my points on other collectibles (most recently the Sparky pull-apart plush), but may try to get a Shore piece next (I did previously pick up Miss Piggy).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » March 2nd, 2014, 7:57 am

Lord Akiyama wrote:And as mentioned, movies you registered on DMR that can be streamed through them is also added to your DMA account. Example: the blu ray copy of The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian that I got did not include a digital copy to download to iTunes. Yet since I registered it on DMR years ago, it's available to view on DMA. Just no special features. Even some movies that had digital copies but not to iTunes like Robin Hood and Mickey's Christmas Carol are also added.
Basically, everything you registered for DisneyMoviesOnline, back when that was around in '08-09, is still on file. If you didn't pay for the $5-extra Digital Copy or Ultimate Combo edition back then, you won't get it now.
Vaulted titles also seem to be missing--There was no DC edition of the Fantasia disks when they came out, so the digital version is still Unavailable, and as for Diamond titles that still are, I only got the Target storybook editions of Cinderella and Peter Pan, so I don't get the DMA's for those either.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » March 2nd, 2014, 11:16 am

That might be the case, Eric.

I've noticed that DMR has updated its site so that it serves as how you can view your DMA collection on your computer. I will point out that Iron Man 2 doesn't appear even though I can view it through the app on my iPhone.

This warrants investigation.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 2nd, 2014, 6:00 pm

Hey. Disney Movie Rewards is having special codes for members when and if Frozen and Get a Horse! when Oscars tonight. But they expire TONIGHT!

Here they are...

Enter HORSE if Get a Horse! wins Best Animated Short

Enter ELSA is Let It Go! wins Best Song

Enter FROZEN if Frozen wins Best Animated Feature

10 points a code, so up to 30 bonus points all together. :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » March 2nd, 2014, 11:37 pm

DMR crashed as soon as "Let It Go" won Best Original Song. :lol: