Disney's Frozen

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Re: Disney's Frozen

Post by Dan » June 3rd, 2014, 1:11 am

Okay, even I, someone who is a fan of the film, finds this level of fandom just absolutely mental.

Woman asks husband for divorce because he didn't like Frozen

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » June 3rd, 2014, 8:06 am

What can I say? I told you Frozen fans were nuts. Frozen is the new Twilight. Unfortunately, being a Disney film, it won't simply go away after a few years. We're stuck with these people for the foreseeable future. Sigh.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » June 3rd, 2014, 9:09 am

Wow.

But I can see it happening, because... I'm married. That's all I'm gonna say.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 3rd, 2014, 11:39 am

Really!? Not agreeing on something as trivial as a movie is surely a rough night on the couch at best!? Worst case is a night at a friend's, to let the disagreement wear off...but divorce!? More bubbling under the surface there to say the least!

Luckily, we haven't ever gotten to the point where we draw daggers against our other half's opinion, but if it ever did come to that then I know it wouldn't be me sleeping on the couch! Yeah, you heard me. I know who wears the pants in this household!

Wha...?

Gotta go...

Coming, dear! ;)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 3rd, 2014, 1:01 pm

This is true for any fan base.

For instance, I've seen many fans of The Hunger Games who want to "enter and win the games for real." If you know anything about the plot of that series, you know why that's insane.

So, yeah, this is nothing "unique" for Frozen.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » June 3rd, 2014, 7:55 pm

It's people crafting their own rather overly subjective interpretations of LIG and "She didn't marry the prince!", turning the movie into the Disney Oprah Network, and attaching their own sense of identity enough to say that To Attack One of Us is to Attack All of Us.

Or as I put it in another "Why isn't it the best movie ever made??" fan discussion, I liked Aladdin, but I didn't go around saying "This movie has reshaped my life, and personally inspired me to be free and independent and live a Whole New World!" :roll:

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » June 5th, 2014, 12:00 am

Idina Menzel talks about her son is already trying to charm girls with his mom being Elsa. :lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » June 17th, 2014, 7:08 am

Everything wrong with Frozen. I agree with everything, and I love the movie. I will admit they hit everything perfectly on the head with the Hans issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvwMtWkfkJ8

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » June 17th, 2014, 8:48 am

If you know it's bad but you like it anyway, there's nothing wrong with that. There are plenty of bad movies I like. Now that I've seen Maleficent, Frozen doesn't seem that bad in retrospect (although it's far from what I would classify as good). Maleficent was horrible.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » June 17th, 2014, 11:00 am

Bill1978 wrote:Everything wrong with Frozen.
I don't know how I'd make it through an average day if I were just a tenth as cynical as that guy. :roll:

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 17th, 2014, 3:11 pm

I never watch "Everything Wrong With" videos for that reason. Maybe once in a while they're funny (you know, when they're actually talking about a bad movie as opposed to a good one), but for the most part they seem to be needless snark. :roll:

And this seems to be the only topic Eddie posts in anymore, and it seems to be the same comment over and over again, too. ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » June 22nd, 2014, 5:12 pm

Wasn't expecting this. Pearl Jam took a stab at "Let It Go" during their concert in Milan, Italy on Friday (June 20). The band tend to throw in a snippet of something random during their live performance of "Daughter" and I guess Eddie thought it would be a hoot to cover the mega Disney ballad his way.

Buzz Bumble

Post by Buzz Bumble » June 22nd, 2014, 5:18 pm

Saturday's newspaper here in New Zealand had these two articles (must have been a extremely slow news day since they made it onto page 3!) ...

The Disney film that's stolen my children's brains (NZ Herald title: Frozen melts kids, leaves parents cold)
"Like the plot of a particularly dark episode of Doctor Who, I swear the 'Frozen virus' has been sent from another planet to take over the minds of our children."

Why Kiwi children just can't let that song go

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 23rd, 2014, 10:48 pm

Buzz Bumble

Post by Buzz Bumble » June 24th, 2014, 12:36 am

This is beyond epic...
Ah, so Frozen is the sequel to Epic ... now it all makes sense. ;)