Peter Jackson's The Hobbit

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Peter Jackson's The Hobbit

Post by ShyViolet » May 17th, 2015, 6:18 pm

Yeah, I know...another Honest Trailer. But it's soooo funny! :) :)

You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Peter Jackson's The Hobbit

Post by EricJ » May 17th, 2015, 7:04 pm

See!--The world's most talkative dragon, who won't roast his victims before TAUNTING them to death! And it's not even the climax of the movie! Be amazed as he knows the psychological backstories of every single character despite not being out of his cave in fifty years!*
Follow the journey of the supporting character who took over the entire trilogy from the main character, as he turns from a hero to a dangerous lunatic, and back again! Just in case your sympathy wasn't with him!
See Peter Jackson invent whole subplots around non-existent Laketown characters just to make points about society--Cheer at their comeuppances and humiliations, even if Tolkien couldn't because he...didn't write them! The journey of a hero who knows he's finally become a hero when he can insult a nasty cringing coward in a dress!--Even though he's not the hero of the story!

(And ironically, the eagles were one of the few things actually from the book.)

----
* - No, seriously,[hide]in that whole protracted showdown between Bard & Smaug, where, to raise tension, Smaug has to get inside Bard's head--"Ah, the son takes up his father's arrow...And he has a son of his own now...."--I kept sitting there thinking, "YAKK-ita, YAKK-ita, YAKK-ita, shuddup and get shot, ya big scaly ham! Just because you didn't have any lines in the book's battle scene, quit trying to pad out your part!" :lol:[/hide]