The New DVD and Blu Thread

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 12th, 2005, 11:48 am

At least it's something to look foward to....

The Fly SE
Can't wait to get this.
Adventures of Superman TV box,
Is that Lois and Clark? Just wondering, what did you think of that show?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 25th, 2005, 7:30 am

No, this is the George Reeves show, with some nifty bonus features, which was a nice surprise.

I loved the Lois & Clark show originally, but it ran out of steam quickly and the effects and stories got silly.

When it was good, it was really good, but when it was bad it was pretty bad, in a camp way. An odd series, which I find hard to "place" now, as it wasn't one thing and not the other. Fun at the time, but cringe-worthy now.

The same could be said for the Reeves show, of course, but that has a nostalgia value and quaintness that is hard to beat.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 25th, 2005, 6:04 pm

When it was good, it was really good, but when it was bad it was pretty bad, in a camp way. An odd series, which I find hard to "place" now, as it wasn't one thing and not the other. Fun at the time, but cringe-worthy now.
The first three seasons until she found out he was Superman were good, but then it ALL WENT DOWNHILL. (over-the-top villains and A LOT of plotholes. Plus I hate the second Jimmy Olsen.)

I liked it better when Lois was supposed to be kind of a b**** because she played that much better than being a "nice girl". Right, like she was a journalist , she and Clark barely did any work or rush around for stories anymore by the end of the series. What was that about?? It was all about: "Oh, Clark, I love you!" It was all about showing TH in skimpy outfits by the end. And Clark always let her walk all over him! :x Some "Superman." :roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 26th, 2005, 4:46 pm

Also I really really want: (and will hopefully get)

Futurama Season 1 (It has the "Slurm" episode! :wink: )

The Critic (LOVE this show)

Batman: The Animated Series Volume 4 (coming out in December, this is "The New Batman Animated Series" with Batgirl, Nightwing and Robin)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 29th, 2005, 9:14 am

The Critic DVD is awesome:

http://www.dvdtoons.com/reviews/264

BTW, what was wrong with having Hatcher in a succession of skimpy outfits? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 29th, 2005, 5:28 pm

BTW, what was wrong with having Hatcher in a succession of skimpy outfits?
Because she couldn't act to save her life. Yeah she was pretty but so what, was she really believable as "Lois Lane" by the end? Why do you think she got stuck doing all those "Radio Shack" commercials after the show ended?

I know she's in "Desperate Housewives" now, but do you think she'd still be as good in it if it was called "Desperate Open-Heart Surgeons"?? I doubt it. :roll:

BTW, good Critic review! :wink:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 29th, 2005, 8:49 pm

BUT...

What's wrong with having Hatcher in a succession of skimpy outfits?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 30th, 2005, 5:13 pm

Well nothing really.... :oops: :oops: It's just that the stories were LAME. (there was no point to them so they pandered to the male audience instead of having a story.)

Dean Cain was such a good actor, way better than TH. So how did SHE wind up a star and not him??

When they started to go into that whole alternate reality/time travel garbadge, you knew that show was finished.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 30th, 2005, 7:02 pm

But they did have Hatcher in a succession of skimpy outfits! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » October 31st, 2005, 4:43 pm

Ben wrote:But they did have Hatcher in a succession of skimpy outfits! :)
*sigh* Men...

:roll: :D

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 31st, 2005, 9:57 pm

Ahhhhh... women... :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 3rd, 2005, 6:21 pm

Well... I just got me

The Wizard Of Oz pack
Tales From The Crypt 2
Robots
War Of The Worlds (1953)
Titanic SE
FernGully 2-disc
Office Space SE
Looney Tunes Golden Collection 3
and the LT Movie Collection.

I would have picked up Madagascar, Herbie and Charlie And The Cjocolate Factory, but my import retailer only had the French/bilingual packaged Canadian versions.

One question - does Charlie And The Chocolate Factory 2-DISC come with a cardboard slipcover in the US? They only had the Canadian one (with the cover) and one US copy (without) so I left it for now but will be going back next week.

A DEFINITE answer as to whether the US R1 Charlie should have a slip would be great - thanks!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » November 3rd, 2005, 7:17 pm

Ben wrote:Ahhhhh... women... :)
GIGGITY

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 4th, 2005, 6:04 am

Ben wrote:One question - does Charlie And The Chocolate Factory 2-DISC come with a cardboard slipcover in the US? They only had the Canadian one (with the cover) and one US copy (without) so I left it for now but will be going back next week.

A DEFINITE answer as to whether the US R1 Charlie should have a slip would be great - thanks!
Just wanted to make sure this didn't get lost, as it does make a difference as to where I order/pick it up from... :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 6th, 2005, 9:54 am

Anyone...anyone...

Can't believe that no-one bought the Charlie 2-disc or knows what it looks like?