Ghostbusters — OFFICIAL THREAD

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Re: Ghostbusters III - OFFICIAL THREAD

Post by Dan » January 27th, 2015, 10:50 pm

What's funny is I just bought the blu ray pack of 1 and 2 an hour ago. :lol:

If I had to guess, I see Wiig in the Venkman role, McCarthy as Ray, Kate as Egon, and Leslie as Winston. But that's just a guess. :P

I'll wait until more info about the film gets released before making any sort of initial reaction. I will say that I think this might be a chance for Wiig to really shine.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by LotsoA113 » June 11th, 2015, 10:43 am

The cast for the Ghostbusters reboot has now grown to include Chris Hemsworth as the titular teams receptionist!
I love all things cinema, from silent movies to world cinema to animated cinema to big blockbusters to documentaries and everything in between!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by LastActionHero » June 12th, 2015, 12:16 pm

I loved the first two movies...
It will be interesting to see their casting decisions...
I hope they get it right!
A good CFO can develop actionable data to inform decision-making - Maureen O'Connell Scholastic

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » January 12th, 2016, 7:34 pm

A pretty bad-ass promo shot of the girls from a few weeks ago. Linked from TOYSREVIL

- Left to Right: Melissa McCarthy as Abby Yates, Kate McKinnon as Jillian Holtzmann, Kristen Wiig as Erin Gilbert, Leslie Jones as Patty Tolan

Also the character posters:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 12th, 2016, 9:23 pm

Ew, those are bad. Doesn't really give off a "ghosty" vibe... makes me think Sin City, Expendables even the Saw films with the Melissa one -- looks like what she's holding is covered in blood. :?

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 13th, 2016, 12:23 am

I like them (and I'm not seeing the "blood"?), but what I'm really excited about is the action figures. :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re:

Post by EricJ » January 13th, 2016, 3:13 pm

Daniel wrote:Ew, those are bad. Doesn't really give off a "ghosty" vibe... makes me think Sin City, Expendables even the Saw films with the Melissa one -- looks like what she's holding is covered in blood. :?
Yes, but again, these are the pre-release posters, right at the point between where we're not allowed to see their marketable faces, and the point at which each A-list actress has to have her own marketing-contractual poster. :P

There's just SO many reasons this sequel is dead to us, no pun intended. :(

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » February 14th, 2016, 5:22 pm

Thirty second teaser announcement posted on the day one of the psychics in the second film said would be when the end of the world would happen. 8)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » February 14th, 2016, 5:31 pm

So...is this a drama? :?

(I don't think the new crew is going to know how to run some red lights.)
LotsoA113 wrote:The cast for the Ghostbusters reboot has now grown to include Chris Hemsworth as the titular teams receptionist!
As the token Boy-Toy male image. :roll: Apparently, Brazilian helicopter pilots were unavailable.

(If Janine Melnitz had been replaced with a gorgeous blonde, we would have been all over the first movie with "sexist" complaints...)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » March 3rd, 2016, 9:34 am

Saw the full trailer. Did it really need to start with a puke joke? Ugh. Still hope this is good but that trailer was awful.

Odd thing is it made the film look like a sequel and not a remake. It more or less said they took over from the original ghostbusters.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 3rd, 2016, 9:40 am

Just watched the trailer twice, but only got half a smile out of it.

The weird thing was that I still quite actually liked it, more so the second time, even if didn't make me laugh out loud and they did get it wrong with "four scientists" when it was only three plus a guy they hired.

The good thing is...it doesn't look like total trash.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » March 3rd, 2016, 10:31 am

With Ben on this one. I like it enough to feel as though they got something here and they're holding out the good stuff for the actual movie itself.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 3rd, 2016, 7:26 pm

Yeah. :)

Although I'm hoping the library ghost and Slimer don't mean they've just remade the first one again.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 3rd, 2016, 7:44 pm

Slimer's gotta be there to celebrate the fact that Ecto-Cooler is coming back!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » March 4th, 2016, 9:50 am

Ben wrote:Yeah. :)

Although I'm hoping the library ghost and Slimer don't mean they've just remade the first one again.
I don't think any beloved film franchise would just regurgitate an updated version of their original film knowing their fans are going to lap it up anyway! They know we want something new after all these years!

;)