WB Archive Collection: Discs On Demand!

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: WB Archive Collection: DVDs On Demand!

Post by Randall » January 8th, 2017, 11:18 pm

Here's a look at what H-B we're still missing, from what I can tell. Some are licensed shows, of course, while others may make it yet:

Ruff and Reddy, Quickdraw, Wally Gator/Lippy the Lion/Touché Turtle, Sinbad Jr., Laurel & Hardy, Abbott & Costello, Fantastic Four, Adventures of Gulliver, Banana Splits, Cattanooga Cats, Buford Files, most of Partridge Family 2200 AD, Jeannie, (non-super) Harlem Globetrotters, some of Godzilla, All New Popeye Hour, The New Schmoo, Casper and The Angels, Three Robonic Stooges, Peter Puck, These Are The Days, Wonder Wheels, C.B. Bear, Flintstones Comedy Hour (plus The Flintstones Show, The New Fred and Barney Show, Fred and Barney Meet The thing, Fred and Barney Meet The Schmoo), Great Grape Ape, Tom and Jerry Show, much of Laff-a-Lympics, Yogi's Space Race, Fonz and The Happy Days Gang, Laverne and Shirley, Mork and Mindy, The Gary Coleman Show, The Little Rascals, Private Olive Oyl, The Pink Panther and Sons, much of Popeye and Son, Foofur, The Biskitts, lots of The Smurfs, Trollkins, Monchhichis, Yogi's Treasure Hunt, Wildfire, The New Yogi Bear Show, Captain Planet, most of Bill And Ted’s Excellent Adventures, Tom And Jerry Kids, Yo Yogi!, Fish Police, Capitol Critters, and Two Stupid Dogs; plus parts of Dexter's Lab and Johnny Bravo.

There are still a few in there that I would get. :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 9th, 2017, 12:00 am

Wow. I remember Fish Police being around.

Briefly.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » January 9th, 2017, 1:19 am

Randall wrote:much of Laff-a-Lympics
Scooby's All-Star Laff-A-Lympics is (edit* mostly) complete, across several disc releases.

In 2010, there was a volume 1 and volume 2 (the latter being a Target exclusive, IIRC..?), with four episodes on each disc.

Then in 2012, Warner released a set titled Scooby Doo! Laff-A-Lympics: Spooky Games. The title feature is a 'brand-new' episode .. but included as 'bonus features' on the 2-disc set are 12 more episodes of the original 1978 Saturday-morning series. :mrgreen: Four of the episodes 'overlap' with the previous two discs .. for 16 total episodes across the three titles; the complete first season!

It was pretty easy to miss, though .. I only discovered that Spooky Games had those 'extras' just last year.

* I just looked it up, and -- of course -- I was incorrect in assuming the complete series is available; apparently the 8-episode second season (which is in itself surprising, given most H-B cartoons only had 1 season) remains unreleased on DVD, as yet.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 9th, 2017, 5:02 am

Wow...so much that has come out recently and yet so much stuff still yet to see the light of day. Guess at least it'll keep the Archive bubbling along for a good few years yet if they continue to shunt out discs every few months.

And I was surprised at how many childhood titles I hadn't thought about in a while and would be up for seeing again just for nostalgia's sake. Nobody ever remembers The New Schmoo, so it's nice to see it get a mention!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » January 9th, 2017, 9:05 am

At least a couple of shows do have an ep or more out. Partridge Family 2200 AD has an episode on the live action series set, and Popeye and Son got a few eps out on one disc. I wasn't sure how much of Laff ever came out, so thanks for that update; I think I will pick up that 2-disc set. Godzilla got at least 2 discs out, with 4 eps each I think. Abbott & Costello had a few minutes on the Best of H-B set. Banana Splits got a UK set.

I would enjoy seeing a bunch of these shows come out. (I have most of the H-B sets to date, thanks partially to getting many for reviews.) Of course, Warner does not control them all, while others have music licensing issues, as others have noted.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » January 9th, 2017, 10:00 pm

Also some of those shows like grape ape got an episode or two in the Saturday morning cartoons sets so you might want to check those out.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » January 9th, 2017, 11:02 pm

I do have all those sets. If Grape Ape is on there, I'd forgotten. I'll have to check that out.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 10th, 2017, 3:04 am

Showing my age, I still have three or four Grape Ape episodes on...Super 8mm film!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » January 17th, 2017, 9:25 pm

I do have all those sets. If Grape Ape is on there, I'd forgotten. I'll have to check that out.
It's in 1970s vol 2.

https://www.amazon.com/Saturday-Morning ... toons+1970

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » January 20th, 2017, 7:54 am

Wacky races! Looks like the oop HB dvds are getting rereleases at the WA!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Wacky- ... ries/22972

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » February 28th, 2017, 1:41 pm

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » February 28th, 2017, 11:50 pm

Nice. I reviewed Zeta Season 1, and wondered if they'd ever get around to a S2 release. Good to see Static getting a fuller release, too.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » March 21st, 2017, 7:46 pm

Static shock season one will have extras plus season 2 confirmed.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Static ... on-1/23130

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » March 22nd, 2017, 7:10 pm

Randall wrote:Here's a look at what H-B we're still missing, from what I can tell. Some are licensed shows, of course, while others may make it yet:
Monchhichis
Oh, well, they can fix that: https://twitter.com/WarnerArchive/statu ... 5813330944

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » March 22nd, 2017, 9:01 pm

Wow. I have no memory of that show, other than typing the name.

..... just checked TVSODVD.com---- ah, that show. Ewoks with longer tales. That's a pass for me.