Post by Macaluso » November 18th, 2005, 4:43 pm

THEY'RE DANCING PENGUINS MICKEY WHY DON'T YOU LOVE THEM

;_;

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » November 18th, 2005, 4:49 pm

Macaluso wrote:THEY'RE DANCING PENGUINS MICKEY WHY DON'T YOU LOVE THEM

I do love them, Mac. I really do.

I also love my mother, but I wouldn't think much of a teaser trailer that just showed a hundred clones of her dancing.

Nevertheless, something I haven't mentioned about the Happy Feet trailer is that I think the animation in it is very impressive, overall. I also have a feeling audiences will take kindly to the trailer, as it is "cute."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sullivan » November 18th, 2005, 5:07 pm

Mickey wrote:
I also love my mother, but I wouldn't think much of a teaser trailer that just showed a hundred clones of her dancing.
Strangely enough, I think this was just greenlit over at Sony.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 19th, 2005, 8:23 am

Happy Feet got the best reaction from the audience when I saw Harry Potter last night. Weird, considering the Superman, Kong, and Narnia trailer were also played.

Oh yeah - I think the reason they went for a more realistic style is to make it look like March of the Penguins...that's just my geuss. I mean, seeing penguins that look real dancing is more funny to me than seeing cartoony penguins dancing.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 19th, 2005, 11:22 am

ONE -

I think it's funny when people say "well, it's only a teaser and I'll wait for the film". Sure, the content will change, and sometimes the footage from the teaser (more and more nowadays) will not appear in the final film.

But, in every single case the teaser has been reflective of the tone, style, music, feel and animation quality that eventually appears in the final film. I just don't get how people say "I'll wait". Of course, we have no choice but to wait, but those soulless eyes of Polar Express were still there a year later, and Mr Incredible hadn't lost any weight by the time that film came out and we did, indeed, get more of the same.

SECOND -

Meg, March Of The Penguins was a fluke, flash in the pan success story which only came out this summer. There is no way that Happy Feet has been changed to reflect this, especially since it's been in production since 2002 and concept art - and therfore art style - would now be three years old!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » November 19th, 2005, 12:00 pm

I'm still thinking they're playing off the Marry Poppins factor. Anyone wanna give odds as to whether or not Dick VanDyke is in it??? :D
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » November 19th, 2005, 12:28 pm

Ben wrote:I think it's funny when people say "well, it's only a teaser and I'll wait for the film". Sure, the content will change, and sometimes the footage from the teaser (more and more nowadays) will not appear in the final film.
I see your point, Ben, and do not necessarily disagree with you. However, my main gripe with the teaser trailer is not the tone of it. I simply view the dancing penguins in that trailer as not much more than a gimmick. It removes any sign of a plot and basically tells the audience, "Come on, see this movie! We're dancing penguins! Our plot could mean nothing, but you would still want to see the movie, because we're dancing penguins! Isn't this cute?! We're dancing!"

True, the dancing penguins may entertain for a while, but where's the artistic value?
Ben wrote:Of course, we have no choice but to wait, but those soulless eyes of Polar Express were still there a year later, and Mr Incredible hadn't lost any weight by the time that film came out and we did, indeed, get more of the same.
I am guessing, though, that Happy Feet's plot will not be about penguins dancing for almost an hour-and-a-half, just as The Incredibles was not about a fat guy trying to put on his belt.

I want to make something clear. Because the subject is being continuously brought up, it's beginning to look like I hate Happy Feet's teaser trailer. However, I do not hate it. I simply disagree with what seems to be the popular opinion, that the trailer is hilarious and clever. Personally, I view the trailer as pretty decent and will admit that it is fairly entertaining. Nevertheless, the plot summary for Happy Feet, at IMDB, convinces me more to see the film, rather than the teaser trailer.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » November 19th, 2005, 1:51 pm

In some ways we're starting to get into the Ice Age debate. The whole movie isn't about Scrat and his nut - in facy it's only a side plot. But in my opinion it's still the most enjoyable and funny trailer ever made. :D
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sullivan » November 19th, 2005, 4:16 pm

Mickey,

Why do you HATE this movie?

Just kidding.

-Sullivan

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » November 19th, 2005, 4:57 pm

He doesn't hate the movie, he just hates dancing penguins.

I BET YOU HATE JESUS DON'T YOU

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » November 19th, 2005, 6:15 pm

Macaluso wrote:I BET YOU HATE JESUS DON'T YOU
No.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 19th, 2005, 6:21 pm

This is becoming quite an interesting thread.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » November 19th, 2005, 6:53 pm

Mickey wrote:
Macaluso wrote:I BET YOU HATE JESUS DON'T YOU
No.
That's the only logical explination FOR THE HATE OF THE PENGUINS!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » November 19th, 2005, 7:03 pm

When did I say I hated penguins- or dancing penguins?

Maybe it's just me, but I think we threw everything "logical" out the door a couple of posts back, don't you? :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » November 19th, 2005, 9:17 pm

Mickey that is NOT the point.

The point is

Dancing penguins.