Disney's Christopher Robin

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Disney's Christopher Robin

Post by ShyViolet » May 3rd, 2019, 10:32 pm

Oh MY GOD. :shock:

I mean he was Winnie the Pooh for crying out loud! What the h***!

Totally agree, Daniel....praying this isn’t true.

These times, man....crazy. :( :roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » May 3rd, 2019, 10:49 pm

I actually think it does merit its own thread. I'd rather not "contaminate" our other discussions with this stuff, although that may just be me.

I will say, however, that not all of these cases have merit, and the fact that these can potentially be used (however inappropriately) for character assassination these days is something that's rather troubling.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » May 4th, 2019, 2:27 am

He said, she said.

It's always difficult to know what to believe in these cases. I met Jim a few months ago, and would hate to think the accusations were true, but you never know. I tend to believe the accuser, but one can never assume someone is telling the truth, either. Such a pity that this does contaminate the productions that Cummings has been involved in.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 4th, 2019, 4:02 am

Well, whatever transpires, he’s pretty much finished at Disney's now. And he admitted to the puppy stuff so he’s diminished n my eyes. Such a shame.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 5th, 2019, 12:07 pm

The ex comes off a bit unstable. She had a second restraining order against Jim, yet demanded he take her to the Christopher Robin premier? If she were that scared why she want to be anywhere near him. The stuff she says about his girlfriend seems a bit much too. The puppy confession doesn't help matters, no...

I don't see Disney being trigger happy yet, especially after the whole James Gunn backlash. No doubt more info will come to light.

Mickie McGowan came to Jim's defense on Twitter:
THIS crap has to stop right now! Jim is a gentle. generous kind man and doesn’t deserve this from his ex-wife. PLEASE......stand up for what is right! We’re here for you, JIM!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » May 5th, 2019, 2:51 pm

"He said/she said" is the most perplexing aspect of these things, but an accusation is not a conviction. And exes do sometimes do ugly things to each other, even to the point of trying to ruin their reputation.

I'm not saying if she is or isn't right. But in the matter of Chris Hardwicke, and investigation found that she had basically been lying, including texts that revealed that she wanted to get back together with him. Yet many proclaimed him "guilty by default" even after that, and a similar thing happened to George Takei.

Then there's the messy matter involving Johnny Depp and Amber Heard, in which she wrote an open letter proclaiming he abused her, but he claims it was the other way around. And she's actually been arrested herself for domestic abuse in the past, plus Depp claims he has video evidence against her, and if their genders were reversed I'm pretty sure the press would be covering the story differently (once unfavorable information turned up regarding Heard, they essentially stopped reporting on it as much).

My point is innocent until proven guilty. And there are opportunists out there who are, unfortunately, taking advantage of and/or misusing what's been going on lately. Though I will say that the allegations against Cummings (who doesn't at least strike me as the person who would do such a thing, especially after he's been working for Disney without any apparent issue for decades) are worse than the trouble Gunn into, as he was fired for crass jokes he had made years prior to the Mouse House hiring him in the first place.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 5th, 2019, 9:21 pm

My concern here is that the puppy stuff has not only been acknowledged by him but corroborated by others. That’s a "smoke without fire" warning right there. Incredible and shocking as it may seem, more incredible and shocking things have happened and, as has sadly been shown more and more lately, "it’s always the quiet ones"... :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 5th, 2019, 9:36 pm

Yeah, I’m sort of leaning that way too. And lots of times years and years go by “without incident” because the perpetrator is very good at hiding his behavior from public view. That’s basically second nature to an offender and one of the main reasons they get away with the damage they do.

It’s just so awful.... he was such a talented guy. The world is just so crazy right now. :cry:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 11th, 2019, 1:46 pm

Jim posted this on Twitter yesterday:
Jim Cummings wrote:Friday nite&alls GREAT!!☺️My girls are officially safe and sound at HOME, 💕adios false allegations, quotes, lies and nastyiness! Hello smooth sailing and peace. Blessings 2 all for your beautiful love and support for my family & I, God bless thank u all🌹
I want to believe... so much. Think we need more than one little tweet to believe complete innocence.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » May 13th, 2019, 11:54 am

Well, we have a president who believes that's all it takes... :lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Otis8 » May 17th, 2019, 12:33 pm

Seems everyone who posted on Jims twitter believes him no questions asked? wow.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » June 12th, 2021, 10:45 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » June 13th, 2021, 12:23 pm

So, Disney doesn't have a lock on animated Pooh anymore? Or did it expire after the '11 movie?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 13th, 2021, 12:59 pm

Er…Disney made that.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » June 13th, 2021, 1:20 pm

At first I thought you meant that Eric didn't recognize Disney didn't make the 2011 Pooh. But now I see you meant that they produced the new short. Yes, it's quite clear in the article.