Toy Story 4 / Toy Story 5

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Toy Story 4

Post by Daniel » March 28th, 2019, 1:18 pm

It was a bit more spoilery, that's for sure. Prefer the song they used over here in the States. The line "If we hurry we can get him back" stuck out more a second time.

We also got to hear Mr. Potato Head talk! Thinking its just lifted audio, sounds exactly like Don and a line we've heard before. Very curious to know if they did need a new VA or were able to make due. Not too worried if it's the former, Pixar did good with Slinky and Fillmore. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » April 1st, 2019, 7:22 pm

I can't find the article now, but I read over the weekend that they used unused vocals from the previous films/video games etc to allow Mr Potato Head to have his original voice. Apparently Don't family requested that his voice still appear in the film.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 4th, 2019, 2:21 pm

Having seen the trailer before Dumbo yesterday, I think Woody's simply meant to be getting older?

I mean if you look at the first Toy Story and even Toy Story 2, Hanks is a freaking firework, saying everything incredibly quickly, so it makes sense from a "passing of time" standpoint that he'd be "calmer" now.

This does look like it's going to be the Buzz and Woody and Bo Show, though, with the other characters taking the sidelines for the most part (which might end up being fine?). I am happy that at least the domestic trailer doesn't give everything away (I haven't watched the international one, but those tend to be notorious for spoilers!), and the CinemaCon presentation was apparently very well-received from what I gather, so fingers crossed. :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » April 4th, 2019, 5:37 pm

Dacey wrote:I mean if you look at the first Toy Story and even Toy Story 2, Hanks is a freaking firework,
And thanks to Sid, Woody almost was. :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » April 8th, 2019, 3:08 pm

Bill1978 wrote:I can't find the article now, but I read over the weekend that they used unused vocals from the previous films/video games etc to allow Mr Potato Head to have his original voice. Apparently Don't family requested that his voice still appear in the film.
Might be this article. It's very sweet they were able to make it work. On the other hand, if the series continues (nope, don't see this being the swan song) what then? You can only milk that well for so long before it feels "off"...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » April 8th, 2019, 5:53 pm

Daniel wrote: It's very sweet they were able to make it work. On the other hand, if the series continues (nope, don't see this being the swan song) what then? You can only milk that well for so long before it feels "off"...
Like Cars 3, another Pixar sequel "forced" on them by da Boss, from which they eventually said "Hey, we found a story we liked, we WANT to do this!" (And then they ended up changing it in the final edit.)

They were all ready to admit there was no reason to do another feature after the quintessential ending of TS3, but no, Iger wanted one more thing to announce in tandem with the 20th Anniversary and the new theme-park area...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bill1978 » April 11th, 2019, 5:19 am

Yep that was the article Daniel

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 1st, 2019, 2:07 pm

There's going to be a "special look" of this during The Big Bang Theory tomorrow on CBS. No clue if it will show anything new.

By the way, has anyone tried the ice cream? I've only tried the Carnival Churro Cravings. It's pretty tasty, although after few bites I got kind of sick of the flavor. The graham crackerness was a bit overwhelming. Did like the little churro pieces! Think I would've preferred if it was just vanilla with churros. No real interest in the other flavor since I'm not a big chocolate fan.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Otis8 » May 18th, 2019, 2:32 pm

Where the heck did you find it? I looked at walmart, target, sams club, nothing! me and my family want to try it!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 18th, 2019, 3:35 pm

Kroger stores. For me I found them at Food4Less. Wal-Mart should be starting to carry them soon. Wish a yogurt place was doing some type of promotion. Forky was just made for it! ;)

Since I'm here, here's the Japanese trailer:

I kinda prefer their take on Ducky's voice. Sounds kinda cute.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 21st, 2019, 4:52 pm

Here's the final trailer:

Oh hey, Electric Light Orchestra! :D Too bad it wasn't one of their Xanadu songs...(I think "The Fall" could've fit)

Anyhoo, nice trailer. The ending bit was funny.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Otis8 » May 24th, 2019, 10:50 am

That song probably won't be in the film right? that would rock.

oh and I managed to find the ice cream!! Thanks Danny! did you already know Mcdonalds is going to have the toys?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 24th, 2019, 11:49 am

Of course! I'm all over it. :) Crossing my fingers for something cool, so far this Mickey D reunion has been lackluster! Now to play the waiting game for leaks...

Speaking of, the ending for Toy Story 4 has leaked! So be very cautious if you don't want it ruined! I don't mind spoilers really or previews, but not the whole freaking ending!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » May 24th, 2019, 1:15 pm

Otis8 wrote:
May 24th, 2019, 10:50 am
Thanks Danny! did you already know Mcdonalds is going to have the toys?
Although Happy Meals versions of Toy Story toys have been known to cause a bit of confusion: :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPZ5BZQeZD4
Daniel wrote:
May 21st, 2019, 4:52 pm
Oh hey, Electric Light Orchestra! :D Too bad it wasn't one of their Xanadu songs...(I think "The Fall" could've fit)
And speaking for the fellow Museheads: There ARE no bad movies with Jeff Lynne/ELO songs in them.
Xanadu...Electric Dreams...Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2...None. :mrgreen:

Although this one seems like it's still Pixar "stretching out" a sequel they didn't want to do by cramming two unrelated movie stories together and trying to make them fit into one. (Like the "Mr. Incredible-Babysitter" movie we got last year.)
There's the Forky story--where Woody ultimately has to play the role that Andy played in TS3, and learn that Bonnie's happiness as their owner comes first--and the What Happened to Bo Peep story they started out with, which looks like a few of the female execs at the studio got a hold of the story and wanted Bo to be a KICKASS ACTION HEROINE! rather than a female character in a fluffy dress with sheep.
Yyyeah: This is why we didn't want Jennifer Lee to be in charge of the studio. :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 2nd, 2019, 7:00 pm

Daniel wrote:
May 24th, 2019, 11:49 am
Crossing my fingers for something cool, so far this Mickey D reunion has been lackluster! Now to play the waiting game for leaks...
Well, that didn't take long. Here's a lookie:

Toy Story Mc.jpg
Toy Story Mc.jpg (147.64 KiB) Viewed 9951 times

MEH!

Okay, a few are kinda cute. On the whole these are rather lame. Not at all what I had in mind. They aren't pitiful like Ralph (oy!) though they come close and are lacking that special something. Maybe I was expecting too much, but hey, they set the bar high when they collaborated for Toy Story 2. Those toys were awesome! Cute, unique and most of all fun! They even had candy dispensers as a premium offer. These look so cheap and unimaginative. Even with US restraints I think I could've come up with something 'cooler'.

A travesty, just a travesty . :(