AV Founder

Re: YouTube Goodness

Post by Randall » May 18th, 2019, 6:22 pm

That was humorous. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 19th, 2019, 5:19 pm

OMG hilarious...and brilliant!!! :lol: Thanks for posting, Droo!

:)

(Btw, Fanta’s my favorite soda. Glad it was included! Lol.)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 21st, 2019, 12:24 pm

Here's a cute commercial with a 'familiar' tune:

Only thing I don't like is the ending. Poor bunny. Looks like he still had time to spare.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 2nd, 2019, 8:24 pm

So insane...yet so brilliant! :)

You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » June 2nd, 2019, 10:17 pm

I was a dancer way back when. One of the shows I was in was a production of The Music Man and it was the most fun yet challenging choreography I ever did! The Family Guy version had me laughing at how much of it they actually did, and impressed by how accurate it was!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » June 2nd, 2019, 11:12 pm

You're kidding me. I was in a production of The Music Man, too! Back in high school, I played Tommy Djilas. :) I ended up dating the girl who played my girlfriend. The guy who played her dad, The Mayor, was a fella I've known since we were babies.

But, I must say, I CANNOT dance.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 3rd, 2019, 9:39 am

Cray-cray! I was one of the band-leaders who led the big parade through the audience for a rendition of "76 Trombones" during a variety show we put on here in the early 1990s. First time I’d seen the film and been made aware of the musical and I’ve been a fan ever since. I can’t dance either, but I sure could swing that baton back in the day!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » June 3rd, 2019, 8:30 pm

Crayer and crayer! The coincidences for the three of us keep piling up! :) As I recall, it was Tommy, my character, that led the parade in our production!

I lamented the fact that we did The Music Man in high school, since it was the only one I did and there are lots of musicals that I prefer, but it was a fun time regardless.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 4th, 2019, 5:54 am

I wanna say "Sit down, you’re rockin' the boat!", but that’s from Guys And Dolls. I always get that mixed up with Music Man as it kind of feels more part of that show than G&D!

Actually, I was wrong to say I wasn’t aware of TMM before then, as I was well aware of Robert Preston from Victor/Victoria and had seen the Music Man film very young. Back then, any musical that kind of slotted in to the quasi-Disney style was big for us. Kind of ironic that they later made that awfully cheap-feeling TV movie version, that could only manage twenty-six trombones... ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » June 4th, 2019, 8:56 am

Hey, I was in Guys and Dolls too!

Ugh, the Matthew Broderick Music Man? So badly miscast. Me and my son were recently talking about that show and I came up with the idea that maybe getting someone like Will Smith to play Harold Hill might work, since the original was basically light-rapping anyway.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 4th, 2019, 1:58 pm

Interesting!

That Music Man production was as miscast as the Guys And Dolls movie! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 5th, 2019, 9:54 pm

Ben wrote:
June 4th, 2019, 5:54 am
I wanna say "Sit down, you’re rockin' the boat!", but that’s from Guys And Dolls. I always get that mixed up with Music Man as it kind of feels more part of that show than G&D!
I don’t have any stage experience, but I had the soundtrack to the Broadway version of Guys and Dolls in high school and listened to it CONSTANTLY. (I loved “Sit Down”, but “Luck be a Lady” was my all-time favorite. Lol. :) )

Regarding TMM in general, the above Fam Guy vid has been my only exposure to it so far. :oops: (Unless you count the Monorail ep from The Simpsons. Lol.). I really want to see the classic film! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 7th, 2019, 11:02 pm

One of my all-time favorite scenes in Who, ever. It's just so amazing when you first hear Baker's voice. He totally steals this scene! :)

(The BBC posted the clip so it's fine to share.)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » June 21st, 2019, 5:02 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 21st, 2019, 6:14 pm

Haha, that is too cute. Pew, pew! ;)