The Lion King Remake

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: The Lion King Remake

Post by ShyViolet » June 26th, 2019, 8:51 pm

Yeah, I love He Lives too! To my regret I’ve never seen it performed (it was only in the Broadway Show right?) but I did used to have the Disney’s Greatest Hits CD series and that song was on there. It was just so beautiful, I’d listen to it again and again! :).
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 26th, 2019, 9:18 pm

I’d love it if 14 turns out to be Shadowlands...wow.

Looks like He Lives In You will be an end credit track and, going by the credits listed, will be lifted from the LKII soundtrack.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 30th, 2019, 2:19 pm

New TV spot:

"look closer" -- indeed! Once again, it's way too dark. I could barely make out those first few seconds. The original had a certain ambiance to the scene. When we see Mufasa he was so colorful and "glowed". Here, it just seems devoid of everything that worked. Simba might as well be looking at his own reflection, I barely see a difference!

The line "look closer" is changed from the animated versions "look harder". Yeah, it's a subtle change and a pointless one at that. The line is delivered too hastily, loses a bit of sentiment.

"I am Simba, son of Mufasa". Yeesh, is that cringey. Sounds like a Black Panther reference. The other line Simba says "I'm nobody" reminds me of a quote from Law & Order: SVU - "I'm nobody. Who are you? Are you nobody too?" After he says it I can't help but add those lines!

Voices are pretty lackluster, they sound bland and emotionless.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 10th, 2019, 3:26 pm

There will be a new song in the movie, Shadowlands it is not. It is a song sung by Nala called "Spirits":

Not a fan. It's so cringe-worthy. It's okay on its own, but I don't get a Lion King vibe from it at all. Too gospel-y. In some ways, I think it may be worse than "Speechless"! It will supposedly be used shortly after Simba sees Mufasa in the sky. How they will make it work is anyone guess. It's not cinematic and honestly doesn't blend with the other established songs.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 10th, 2019, 8:43 pm

But Queen Bey wants her Oscar...so it stays! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 14th, 2019, 7:48 pm

Nah, mark my words Frozen II will win! ;)

Here's the new song by Elton John:

Wow, I like it! Sounds groovy fun. Pretty energetic. Wouldn't it be sweet if this were nominated instead? If only...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Otis8 » July 15th, 2019, 12:15 pm

Not bad!
Daniel wrote:
June 30th, 2019, 2:19 pm
The line "look closer" is changed from the animated versions "look harder". Yeah, it's a subtle change and a pointless one at that. The line is delivered too hastily, loses a bit of sentiment.
Agreed 100%. And these clips are suppose exite us??

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 15th, 2019, 4:32 pm

Truth be told, I'm more excited for The Lion Guard to return. Scar alone is a feast for the eyes! :) Especially compared to this raggedy, wimpy watered-down version.

Here's another lifted scene with a few dialogue changes:

"A gift he'll never forget" -- kinda works. Considering how Scar is being portrayed. Just more subtle and less sarcastic. Still don't like it, but eh ..

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » July 15th, 2019, 9:13 pm

Daniel wrote:
July 15th, 2019, 4:32 pm
"A gift he'll never forget" -- kinda works. Considering how Scar is being portrayed. Just more subtle and less sarcastic. Still don't like it, but eh ..
So, are they making Scar "less gay" in this one, or is the remake going the Full LeFou, for demographics?

(When the gag of casting Jeremy Irons as a fey unmarried-uncle in the original movie came back to bite them during the Southen Baptist complaints, Disney started backpedaling, and produced Scar's "secret romantically-obsessed female-interest" out of nowhere in Lion King II.)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » July 16th, 2019, 3:29 pm

:roll:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 16th, 2019, 7:24 pm

"Like" ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 17th, 2019, 3:38 pm

Someone leaked Mufasa's death on YouTube. Won't link to it, but it's out there! I went ahead and viewed it; it's BAD! Almost laughable. In the original we have Scar relishing the moment, whispering his lines in a sinister devilish way. Here, he's basically yelling the lines so everyone can hear and just sounds bored! The way he delivers the iconic line "Long..Live..The..King" was just awful. Doesn't have the same impact. It should be chilling! The way he let's Mufasa go is slightly different and like I said before comes off almost comical. There's no close-up of Mufasa coming to the realization of what's happening. Everything happens so hastily. Simply put, it's soulless and pales in comparison. I'm so disappointed. :(

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » July 17th, 2019, 5:44 pm

Anyone wishing to avoid disappointment likely needs to not see the new version. Their misguided attempt of "realism" seems like it's driving the soul out of the story.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 17th, 2019, 6:03 pm

Oh...!

That looks bloody awful. :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 18th, 2019, 11:01 pm

Yes, and the worst part is Simba himself! You can barely even see him, much less the expression on his face while he’s watching his father being trampled to death! :(.

Just ugh.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!